Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thoughts for a damp wednesday

I'm inspired by Barack Obama. Last night on Frontline World, they told the story of a Brazilian politician who is just one of several honest politicians, fighting for their people, which includes the poorest and meanest, who has spontaneously adopted/been dubbed the name, Barack Obama. He is a symbol for hope and change, simply put, and a powerful one at that.

I watched the inauguration and was moved to tears. I was so proud when he revived the tradition of walking (to the White House). Of course he wouldn't be Obama if he didn't ride in the car for some of the way also. I think that was tremendous, perhaps especially because he's black. (I still don't know a lick about who killed Dr King Jr, or Bobby Kennedy) but I digress. I'm encouraged by the direction he seems to be heading and the openness. This is soooo not Bush.

I'm concerned about the economic stimulus plan as is everyone, but one thing I'm fairly convinced of is that the economic policies of the Republicans and corrupt Democrats are what led to the situation we are in. The wealthy benefitted the most from those policies and it is only fair and just that those who benefitted the most in the past eight years be taxed increasingly and proportional to the misery now endured. I think accountability and responsibility is not too much to ask for.

Which brings me back to President Obama. I'm inspired. I'm so inspired by his honesty and forthrightness, transparency and integrity and I can't ignore that constant nagging you wish it would go away but it persists knowledge that there's so much more to the story of what happened on 9-11 than was shown in the 9-11 Commission Report and We the People have been denied an appropriate explanation of exactly WTF happened that day. I want answers and I'm entitled to them as a citizen of this great nation.

Why did Building 7 WTC fall? Why did the Twin Towers fall? Why did Bush exert the effort he did to not let the truth be known? I mean with regard to the 9-11 Commission, first off he didn't want it to happen, then he tried to get Kissinger to do it lol, he didn't fund it properly, he blocked acccess to information, and his testifying in private, WITH CHENEY, without recording, no swearing in, is that really meant to be credible? Not to mention Philip Zelikow as the manager or whatever. Why go to those lenghts? What is he trying to hide? What are THEY trying to hide.

Whats wrong with me? I'm sorry but I can't help it. My conscience compells me. I don't have a doubt in my mind that Jesus would demand a new investigation.
Bush must be held accountable. It goes to the root of the problem right now. If we ignore this now, it will fester and boil and create psychosis. Better to realize how badly things went awry and do our best to safe guard against the ever opportunistic forces of evil and ponder once again what is meant by the phrases, the banality of evil and the buck stops here.

I had a little exchange with some high school kids on a facebook group page called adios mother*%$! They called Obama a terrorist so I told em Bush and Cheney are the real terrorists and we need to reinvestigate 9-11 and we had a nice back and forth (I said he was a good representative of the forces of darkness) ending with one of them calling me a cock sucking faggot or some such nonsense, you get the idea. I can't say I wasn't disturbed by this exchange. I was and am. I mean these guys are pissed off, mean and ignorant. What can you possibly say to them? What could you say to them? But I have to say I think its better to engage them than not. I tried to keep things civil but it was hard. I wonder where Obama draws the line...

Am I off my rockers? All I did was look at some of the information claiming to be a search for 9-11 truth. And now I'm convinced that we have less than the full truth of what happened and its not enough and we have the ability and responsibility to do better. I love this country. It is my home and as long as I still have the illusion that I have a say and that I can use it how I want and that it actually matters, I will. The miracle of the USA and its redeeming character is that the founding ideas were so much more than even the founders realized, the idea transcended the people who created it and continually (in theory) improves the lives of The People (slowly but surely).

I know its easy to be cynical, that is the default setting in this day and age. To be involved and active, which is what our president is asking of us, is the higher state, the more necessary ingredient to creating a positive change. Lets take advantage and sieze this opportunity to take back our government from corporate/military/industrial/congressional hijackers. Now is the time for everyone to lift their voice and express their opinion. Especially if you don't have one. Too many of us are complacent and feel too dumb to form an opinion. That needs to change. Educate yourself, ask questions! Those of us who have opinions need to express them and get over the name calling and hatred and just follow our conscience. It matters a great deal. We need to get together and air out the honest disagreements and the flat out bullshit. We need to separate the chaff from the wheat. The time for conscious evolution is now!

No comments: