Monday, May 15, 2006

local business incubator email

Thanks for an interesting read.

Here's a brainstorm idea I've been kicking around. A local business incubator, initiated by the corvallis alliance. The idea would be to close material flow loops (ie recycle), pay living wages, prepare for peak oil, let workers control the business democratically, and otherwise strengthen the local community. I don't have much business knowledge, except for economics, but I'd like to see progressives put their money where their mouth is in terms of giving me a job. Of course, given recent trends of ever concentrating wealth, perhaps we are a relatively poor lot and we don't control much capital, but I do see a lot of new volvos, subarus and hybrids with some cool bumper stickers.

I apologize for being out of the loop but I'd like to attend a reconvergence of the corvallis alliance.

Thanks, enjoy the hot weather.

Tim

No comments: