Monday, January 16, 2006

three blog

Organization is a proven method of creating social change. The only problem is people either can't agree on what and how to change or they don't care enough to think about it, much less do something about it.

Why did I take a leave of absence from grad school? There are many reasons. I was sick of staring at a computer screen all day and I couldn't accept a future career where that was what I did all day. I felt like the degree would have been meaningless for myself. I was/am disillusioned with traditional economic thought, primarily the implicit assumption that economies must grow to survive. I believe that human civilization is analogous to a cancer which will kill its host if left to grow unchecked. I don't think that technology will be able to substitute for life supporting ecosystems. But I do believe that unlike a cancer, we have the ability to turn things around.

No comments: