Friday, April 13, 2007

shout outs

This is another piece I wrote to say at the forum awhile back.

What a great day to be alive and kicking in the world as we know it.
So as you may or may not know, the forum here was created to be an outlet for your voices. That means anyone who is within earshot or anyone who actually cares.

I’d like to give a few shout outs today

To the mass consumers: do you really need that? And you know, I still have to insist that it doesn’t matter what kind of clothes you wear, or what your hair looks like, what you smell like, or how you get around, it doesn’t matter to me. I know it does to you but that is pure fiction. I hate to burst your bubble but What I’m interested in is what’s in your mind and in your heart.
To the media: keep trying
To the ruling class: the sooner you learn to share, the better off we’ll all be. The future will either be sustainable or it will cease to exist for humankind. To be clear, that means peace not war, that means equality of every person’s right to exist, that means justice for all and restoring and conserving natural systems not raping and pillaging them. Enough is enough.

To family: thank you
To my allies: thank you
To my enemies: I love you and wish for you the warm embrace of God.

To the people who say you can’t change things. You’re wrong. Because as you can see, change is happening. Simply by deciding that a place can exist for public speaking and meaningful expression, one exists. What kind of world could we create if we all simply made different, more co-creative decisions? It really boggles the mind.

To the people who say why bother? Because we’re here goddamit! We’re here and we can… I don’t need any higher purpose than that. If you don’t think we are capable of improvement then must you drag everyone else down with you?

1 comment:

Ben, aka BadBen said...

Nice shout out.
Free public discourse is the only way to get the word out about over consumption and world ruination.

The "Haters" have been ruling the (sponsored) media for at least 15 years. Maybe that will change a little with the firing of Nappy Don.

Happy trails,
Bad Ben